WOLF CAMP by debut author/illustrator Andrea Zuill, is on sale TODAY!
Look at all those debut picture books!
WHERE’S THE PARTY? by Ruth Chan, picture book debut author/illustrator, is on sale today!
Woohoo! QUACKERS, by debut author/illustrator Liz Wong, is launching today!
Today, we’ve got four debuts hitting shelves. Scroll down for each title’s individual post. Here’s the celebration of all four:
Thank you, Mary Reaves Uhles, for your graphic.
Today, A FRIEND FOR MOLE arrives on the shelves. Congratulations to 2016 Picture Book Debut Authur and Illustrator, Nancy Armo.
Nancy Armo in three scenes:
- Nancy is the debut author + illustrator of A FRIEND FOR MOLE, published by Peachtree Publishers. When a little Mole ventures outside his safe burrow and gets lost, the world suddenly feels like a frightening place. Then he realizes he is not alone. Someone is watching him and they’re scared too. What’s a little Mole to do?
- A FRIEND FOR MOLE explores themes of friendship, trust, and overcoming fears through creative problem solving.
- Nancy Armo is a former art director at Hewlett-Packard. She recently moved to Long Island, NY with her family where there are lots of moles happily digging in her garden.
You can find Nancy at nancyarmo.com, and on Facebook, Twitter, and Instagram.
A FRIEND FOR MOLE tunnels into your local bookstore on March 1, 2016. You can order your copy now at: Amazon, Barnes and Noble, or IndieBound.
An online Event Kit with free downloadable games, activities, and crafts is available at peachtree-online and at nancyarmo.com.
Claire Lordon in three scenes:
- She is the 2016 picture book debut author-illustrator of Lorenzo, the Pizza-Loving Lobster, published by Little Bee Books, about Lorenzo the lobster and his sea turtle friend Kalena. They want to make a pizza together, but Lorenzo can’t remember the ingredients!
- Lorenzo, the Pizza-Loving Lobster has themes of friendship, persistence, and being thoughtful of others.
- Claire Lordon is an author and illustrator who creates illustrations, designs, murals, and greeting cards for many companies. Her work is inspired by her life-long spirit for adventure, a love of the outdoors, and an enthusiasm for travel. She wrote and illustrated her debut book in Brooklyn, New York, which fortunately has a lot of delicious cheese pizza for her to eat.
Find Claire at clairelordon.com, Twitter @ClaireLordon, or Instagram
@ClaireLordonDesign. LORENZO, THE PIZZA-LOVING LOBSTER will be available May 3, 2016, wherever books are sold.
Jason Kirschner in three scenes:
- He is the 2016 picture book debut author/illustrator of Mr. Particular: The World’s Choosiest Champion, published by Sterling. The book is about a boy, Mr. Particular, who is super picky. But, when his friends in the “Super-Duper Group” finally get fed up with his fussiness, can Mr. Particular prove that even the super-squeamish can save the day?
- Mr.Particular has themes of friendship, acceptance and the ability to change for the better.
- Jason started wearing a red towel as a cape right around the time he started walking and was the particularly particular leader of many super-duper groups in his time. By day, Jason is a set designer for television with credits that include The Meredith Viera Show, Late Night with Conan O’Brien and The Late Show with David Letterman. By night, Jason is an author and illustrator of children’s books. He lives in New Jersey with his finicky wife, persnickety twins, and his ridiculously choosy cats. Find more of his work at jasonkirschner.com.
Find Jason at jasonkirschner.com.
Mr. Particular will be available May 3, 2016, wherever books are sold.