Top Twelve things people say to picture book authors and illustrators when they hear about, see or read our debut picture books:
- Awwww! Good for you.
- You write and illustrate picture books for kids? NO WAY!
- Will you illustrate my story for free?
- Do you think you’ll write a book for adults?
- Can you refer me to your agent?
- Wow, that’s great.
- Is it in actual stores?
- My _____________ wrote a kid’s book.
- Will you illustrate my story?
- Didn’t it come out already? (because I’ve been talking about it for 2 years)
- Where/When can I buy it?
- I’ve always wanted to write/illustrate a book too.